Effective Date: February 3, 2014
|We collect any information that you provide directly to the Meterbreak website. You are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit Meterbreak. However, you will not be able to access all of the features of the Meterbreak website without registering an account. We may ask you for different types of information when you register for an account on our site, access various content or features, or directly contact the Meterbreak website, including:• Contact information, such as your name and email address;
• User name, password, and password reminder questions and answers;
• Information for a public profile, such as your interests and the address of your web site;
• Search queries;• In limited circumstances, payment and identity verification information, such as credit card number, social security number or comparable national identifiers, and driver’s license number where needed for payment, to complete a particular transaction, or to access a particular service (e.g., contests or paid subscriptions);
• Contact information about others when you provide information about others or refer a friend to the Meterbreak website (note: such information is used solely to facilitate the communications requested);
• Information posted in community discussions and other interactive online features;
• Correspondence you send to us; and
• Information collected about you offline (including via facsimile, mail, or in person for sweepstakes entrance forms).
Information we collect automatically on the Meterbreak website. The Meterbreak website may collect certain information automatically, including:• Your browser type and operating system;
• Your Internet Protocol (IP) address, which is the number automatically assigned to your computer whenever you access the Internet and that can sometimes be used to derive your general geographic area;• Web pages and advertisements you view and links you click on within the Meterbreak website Web Sites;
• Unique identifiers, including mobile device identification numbers that can identify the physical location of such devices in accordance with applicable law;
• Information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies;
• Information about your interactions with audio and video content, such as the type of content listened to and viewed, and information about your interactions with email messages, such as the links clicked on and whether the messages were opened or forwarded;
• Upon request, your bandwidth speed and information about the software programs installed on your computer; and
• Standard server log information.
Information we obtain from other sources. Where permitted by applicable law, we may collect information about you from other sources, including through interactive applications (such as mobile devices, third-party services, and embedded audio and video players), from co-branded partners and sites (for example, on our pages on Facebook), and from commercially available sources (such as data aggregators and public databases). The following are examples of information we may collect from other sources:
• Name, postal address, and telephone number;
Combining Information. Please note that all of the information we collect about you may be combined, including to help us tailor our communications to you and to develop rich online content and services when you visit the Meterbreak website.
Use of Information
|We only use payment and identity verification information, such as credit card numbers, driver’s license numbers, social security numbers, or comparable national identifiers as necessary for completing a particular transaction or fulfilling a service (e.g., paid subscriptions or awarding prizes to contest winners) or as otherwise required by law.We generally use other information we collect about you to:• Fulfill your requests for products, services, and information, including to send you electronic newsletters, authorize a purchase, and complete a transaction that you have requested;
• Enable you to participate in features such as surveys, polls, sweepstakes, and message boards;
• Provide you with electronic newsletters, information, special offers and promotional materials on behalf of the Meterbreak website and third parties, in accordance with applicable law;
• Analyze the use of the Meterbreak website and information about visitors to our website to understand and improve our service offerings and, in accordance with our sharing policies, discussed below, to produce anonymous or aggregated data and statistics that might help third parties develop their own products and service offerings;
• Customize the content you see when you visit the Meterbreak website;
• Develop and provide advertising tailored to your interests;
• For any other purposes disclosed to you at the time we collect your information or pursuant to your consent.
Disclosure of Information
|Meterbreak is committed to maintaining your trust and we want you to understand who (and when) we may share information that we collect from you.• With your consent. With your consent, we may share your contact information with third-party business partners.
• Authorized third-party service providers. We share your information with third-party vendors who help us with specialized services, including customer support, email and text message deployment, business analytics, marketing, and data processing. These third parties are allowed to use your information to help us provide our services and not for any other purpose.
• Sweepstakes, contests, or promotions. When you choose to enter a sweepstakes, contest, or other promotion, and in accordance with the terms and conditions of the promotions, your information may be disclosed to sponsors and third parties who help design, administer and implement the promotion, including in connection with winner selection, prize fulfillment and aggregated data analysis. Your information also may be disclosed as required by law, such as on a winners list. Also, by entering a promotion, you are agreeing to the official rules that govern that promotion, including allowing the sponsors to use your name, voice, and likeness in advertising and marketing associated with the promotion in accordance with applicable law. All terms applicable to the particular promotion will be made available to you at the time you enter the promotion.
• Business transfers. We may share your information in connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of the Meterbreak website, a merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the unlikely event of bankruptcy.
• Legal requirements. We may disclose information about our users, including contact information, to respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and other law enforcement measures, and to comply with other legal obligation.
|You can choose to enjoy content and features on the Meterbreak website without directly providing us with any information; however, as described above, some information may automatically be collected or may be requested so you can take advantage of certain features and services offered on the Meterbreak website.You can opt out of receiving commercial email or text messages from the Meterbreak website. Please note that even if you unsubscribe to commercial messages, we still may need to send you communications relating to your use of the Meterbreak website, such as service announcements.|
|1. Protection of InformationWe are committed to protecting your information. We have adopted commercially reasonable technical, administrative, and physical procedures to help protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, and alteration. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. We want you to feel confident using the Meterbreak website but we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Please refer to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission’s web site for information on how to protect yourself from identity theft.2. Transfer of Data
The Meterbreak website’s headquartered in the United States and has affiliate offices and partners in other countries. Please be aware that information you provide to us or we obtain as a result of your use on the Meterbreak website may be collected in your country and subsequently transferred to the United States or another country in accordance with applicable law. The privacy and data protection laws in another country may not be equivalent to such laws in your country of residence. By using the Meterbreak website or providing us with your information, you consent to the collection, international transfer, storage, and processing of your information.
3. Privacy Protections for Children
The Meterbreak website is intended for a general audience and does not knowingly collect or store contact information about children under the age of 13. The Meterbreak website may ask for a birth date to ensure that they are not collecting information from children under 13 or to identify when additional steps may need to be taken in connection with information collected from children under 18. In those instances where the Meterbreak website actual knowledge that it collects information from or offers a service directed toward children as defined under applicable laws, it will comply with those laws.
Children can enjoy content and features on the Meterbreak website without directly providing contact information. However, children who wish to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and certain other special activities may need to provide information such as first name, user name, password, email address, date of birth, city and state of residence, and gender.
In the course of participating in interactive features such as chat rooms and message boards, a child may provide us with additional information about himself or herself, such as the contents of his or her postings. Some information, including information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies may be collected automatically.
If we knowingly collect, use, or disclose contact information collected from a child, we will provide notice and obtain parental consent in accordance with applicable law.
We do not condition a child’s participation in an online activity on the child’s providing more contact information than is reasonably necessary to participate in that activity.
Parents may review the contact information we have collected from their child, refuse to permit us to collect further contact information from their child, and request that any contact information we have collected be deleted from our records.
To review, update, or delete your child’s contact information, please contact us. You may also send your request to the postal address listed below. To protect your child’s safety, we ask for proof of your identification. We may deny access if we believe there is a question about your identity.
Certain information cannot be deleted because of other legal obligations.
4. User-Generated Content
5. Third Party Sites
How to Contact Us